Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Doctor Lacquer: Stubs & Movember

Doctor Lacquer: 
Stubs & Movember

I knew I forgot to mention a polish on my blog. It's the Fabulous November Exclusive; Stubs & Movember by Doctor Lacquer! It was only available for the month of November to bring and support awareness for cancerous diseases in men. 

Below is the package my order came in; which is just lovely and is the logo of Doctor Lacquer. I like that Angelyn thought of that. She also packaged the polish in bubble wrap and in a mesh bag. I had also chosen the option to get the mustaches that come with the polish to be put separately from the polish. You could get it put directly into the bottle, but I like having the option of using them for other manicures. 




Below is the bottle itself and a close up of what is in the polish. Its a gorgeous black based polish. When exposed to cold, it changes to a grey color almost clear. It has tons of blue, silver, gold and iridescent glitter in all sizes. I love her labels. On the front is the logo with a mustache, on the side she put the name of the polish; Stubs & Movember, and on the other side is the name of her brand; Doctor Lacquer.  


Below is my manicure when cold. On my middle finger I am wearing one of the mustache sequins which can't really be seen. I had painted 2 coats of Sephora OPI Break A Leg Warmer (A dark grey based polish) and 3 coats of S&M. My accent nail is another Sephora OPI polish. (Can't remember the name at this time) It's a beige based polish. I had painted the mustache, eyes and eyebrows on my nail. I did have a mustache sequin, but it fell off so I traced where it left an indent with a nail art pen. For top coat I used Glisten & Glow's HK Girl Top Coat. :{) 


Another cool thing about this polish is she collected proceeds for each bottle sold. 30% of proceeds went to us.movember.com 



The photo below shows the black fading to the color I had painted under S&M. The mustache is also the sequin before it fell off ha ha :D Maybe if I used nail glue it would have stood on. I just tried sealing it with my top coat. 



Overall, I love this polish. I would wear again. I love playing with thermals. For this thermal, I do recommend just going with a clear, grey, or white base polish before applying because as you can see below my middle finger has beige under it and the black did not completely disappear. Her shops are currently closed, but you can follow Doctor Lacquer on Instagram and Facebook for updates. :)
As always, links below and happy shopping! 



Websites:
Doctor Lacquer (Storenvy site): http://doctorlacquer.storenvy.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment